POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I do an arrow? : Re: How can I do an arrow? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I do an arrow?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 5 Aug 2004 16:47:51
Message: <41129cf7$1@news.povray.org>
"Oleguer Vilella" <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote in message

Hi Oleguer. Well, it's simple really. :) Or can be, anyway, if you only want
a simple arrow. For example:

union {
    cone {0,1,y,0}
    cylinder {-y,0,0.5}
    pigment {rgb 1}
    scale <1,2,1> // size change, longer
    rotate <0,0,90> // point in another direction (left)
}

Hint: you might want the point tip to be at <0,0,0> so when moving it around
it will be easier to place pointing exactly to a particular spot. Or... with
the other end at <0,0,0>. Either way can be accomplished by adding a
translate -y or +y before scale.

So, there's one way to do it.

Bob H.